How to Become a Better Person with Meditation (+ How to Meditate)
Most people interested in spirituality probably already know the basics of meditation. But just in case you don’t know, here’s how to meditate:
- Sit in a comfortable position with your back upright or you can lie down on the ground as well if you want.
- Make your thumb and index finger touch - this will help you concentrate.
- Inhale deeply and as you exhale, close your eyes.
- From bottom to top, relax all the muscles in your body (legs, tummy, chest, arms, shoulders, neck, face and top of the head).
- Then simply start concentrating on your breathing. Feel your breath as it moves in and out of your nose. Let your breath flow naturally. It will start to slow down after a while and you can even notice after some time that you are barely breathing.
This basic meditation guide can help you empty your mind and relax you. If you practice it every day, you will become a more mindful and calm person.
I have some extra tips to share with you to help you improve yourself as a person:
A very effective method I use every time I meditate is repeat mantras. To decide what mantras you want to focus on, simply picture the person you want to be and choose the attributes as mantras. For example: I was a very anxious person, who had a hard time accepting myself and certain events in life. So my mantas became “I am peace” “I am acceptance” and “I am kindness”. I start my meditation with these three mantras and I repeat them over and over in my mind. They will become imprinted in your mind and if you stay with your practice, you will notice that you are truly becoming the person you want to be. Of course it is important to practice these attributes outside of meditation as well and react the situations with them in your daily life.
The most effective way to make yourself a better person through meditation is to observe yourself from a third person view. Read more»
(via How to Become a Better Person with Meditation ( How to Meditate) | The Miracle Forest)